Monday, October 14, 2013

Emersion, Re-acculturating or not, Re-emersion

It has been almost a year since I have posted to this blog.  It is not that I had abandoned writing or thinking about how an interdisciplinary perspective allows one to see the inherent interconnections of our systems (human and nature).  It is the disconnectedness that is created through our social construct of internet-connection, obsession with “the future”, and accumulation of …. Everything and anything.

I traveled a journey from connection with the present, connection in the moment, connection to the systems of our shared DNA all the way back to the beginning of the cosmos.  I traveled from emersion of the self in a shared system back to the world of individualization to an extreme.  I then existed in the world of speed, rush, hurry, and external pressures to press-on even faster. 

Until one day I journeyed back to be re-immersed into a slower connection to the rhythms of nature and the cosmos.  I have returned to El Remate - to the jungle.



Local fisherman in Lago Peten Itza


Harmony Station - Laguna Sal Peten

No comments:

Post a Comment